Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flight







I’ve always had an insatiable curiosity which would lead to the inevitable question “why”? As I explored through my art, what makes things tick, I took to studying birds and spent a lot of time at the Royal Ontario Museum.

The Ornithology Department kindly let me sign out bird specimens which I blithely took home in various boxes.

I remember one such amusing incident when I was traveling via bus back to Muskoka, and a well meaning seat mate wondered what was in the very large box set on my lap. She rambled through various possibilities, new outfit, presents for family, etc. I couldn’t bring myself to tell her that in fact it was a snow goose specimen. I could visualize her abject horror had I opened the box to satisfy her curiosity. I imagine she would have found another seat!

No comments: