Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Painting Journey







I mentioned that I have found expression through my artwork. I have a love for beauty and am drawn to the obscure and the unique.

I’m not certain if this might not have a little to do with my roots, which I’m still discovering. I am an island girl born in Trinidad, spent my early years in Jamaica, but have resided most of my life in Ontario. Posted here are some examples of my work.

These three pieces depict my affinity for nature and its hidden aspects. The delicate is not always as frail as it may appear.

5 comments:

forestry said...

Excellent beginning Ellie. I will check back in again to support your creative efforts!

Dorothy Kew said...

Very nice, El! A gret beginning. I look forward to seeing more of your art on line.

Authors Audio said...

Ellie , I think it's great stuff ...like spinning your inner world , into the this other world. As a matter of fact , I think your title is accurate because , both worlds are your "Dream Space".

patricia said...

Hooray! Congrats on starting your blog. Beautiful work, of course.

I'll be back in TO on Tuesday...

Anonymous said...

Hi Wicca Sis,
Finally strolled through your Blog. I love your art work! You are unique and gifted, Be proud.